Are you using web 2.0 tools in your classroom?

LSU Tigers!

LSU Tigers!
My favorite Team!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My reflection on Training Today

Today's training was very insightful and fun for me. I have worked with the TeachUp! Program for 3 years now in several different roles, but I have never had the opportunity to sit through training as an "Intern." I enjoyed doing that so that I can use what I have learned and then pass on to the Interns that I will train for the Program next year.

I think the tool that I enjoyed the most was the blog. I have seen a lot of blogs and recommended them to Interns to use and integrate in the schools, but had never actually created one and added to it. I enjoy writing and it allows me to work through my thoughts. I will DEFINITELY ask all of my interns next year to follow MY blog for next school year. I will post all of the information that I need to tell them in one spot instead of calling all of them and post links to all of the surveys, etc. This is an ideal tool for ISMs to use with Interns.

I also appreciated the recommendation of creating a "professional" Facebook account. I have and use a personal Facebook account, but would like to network professionally and have not done that thus far. I set up a professional account today in class and have already started using it. One question about Facebook that I didn't want to take time up - How do you "unfriend" a person once you have accepted their friendship???

Thanks for a great day! Ya'll have done a GREAT job!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad that you are enjoying training. I think it is definitely a benefit when we have the opportunity to practice what we preach. I was never much of a blogger either, but I really love the opportunity it brings for people to express themselves. Sometimes even the most reserved people can really shine through their writing, and I think blogging is a perfect tool to give them a voice.

    I'm glad that you are enjoying the professional side of Facebook. It is an excellent tool that is only growing in popularity. To unfriend someone, scroll down to the very bottom of the page. On the left hand side there will be three options:

    1. Suggest Friends
    2. Report/Block
    3. Remove From Friends

    Just select remove from friends, and that person will no longer be listed as one of your friends. Great question. I hope this helps, and please don't hesitate to stop us to ask questions. Great job, and I'll see you at training!

    ReplyDelete